Over 300+ multifamily investors, owners, developers, financiers and other industry principals and deal makers throughout the Garden State gathered for the Marcus & Millichap Multifamily Forum: New Jersey.
The forum focused in and around the state’s various markets and emphasized:
- Revitalization of the Urban Core
- Smart Tips for Expense Reduction
- Why Equity Comes to New Jersey
- Trends in Fundamentals and Their Impact on Operation
Attendees benefited from the multitude of networking opportunities with the top multifamily players throughout the region. The event allowed for new connections to be made and profitable relationships through breakfast, speed networking, lunch and a special post-event cocktail reception.
What makes this event unique?
- More networking opportunities than any other event in the market, including breakfast, lunch and a cocktail reception after the event.
- Hear from a unique power panel of investors and owners discussing a look at the redevelopment efforts in the urban cores throughout the state.
- Attend the only full-day event in the market that will feature special concurrent sessions that give attendees the opportunity to choose between investment and operations tracks.
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Ralph Zucker, President, Somerset Development
Ralph Zucker is President of Somerset Development, one of the New York Metropolitan area’s foremost real estate companies specializing in New Urbanism and Traditional Neighborhood Design development. Mr. Zucker is responsible for spearheading his firm’s focus on creating sustainable, close-knit communities that promote pedestrian-friendly living experiences. Somerset and its projects have earned numerous industry awards and recognition for their contributions to furthering responsible development practices, including the New Jersey Future Smart Growth Award for Wesmont Station, Somerset’s 80-acre, transit-oriented, mixed-use redevelopment project located in Wood-Ridge, N.J. Somerset’s latest, large-scale redevelopment project centers on the transformation of the iconic, two-million-square-foot former Bell Labs building in Holmdel, N.J. into a vibrant, mixed-use town center.
Afternoon Keynote Speaker:
Emanuel Stern, President & COO, Hartz Mountain Industries
Serving as President and COO of Hartz Mountain Industries, Inc. since 1997, Emanuel Stern oversees numerous and diverse development projects throughout the New York/New Jersey area and manages a real estate portfolio totaling 38 million sq. ft. of office, industrial, hotel, retail and residential properties. Most recently Mr. Stern has guided the company’s expansion into the multifamily residential market where it currently owns 3,500 units in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Seattle and Austin. Under his leadership, Hartz Mountain Industries has instituted a robust solar photo-voltaic energy program comprised of 10.7 megawatts of solar panels across 16 commercial buildings.
- For a copy of John Sebree’s market overview, please contact Brian Hosey at (201) 582-1000
- To view Nicholas Kikis of New Jersey Apartment Association’s presentation, please click here.
- Neil Beckerman, General Manager, Landmark Companies
- Chris Bellapianta, Director – Finance & Acquisitions, Advance Realty
- Jason Bilanin, Principal, Real Estate Growth Advisors
- Michael Bruno, Co-Chair, Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla’s Real Estate
- Andy Cohen, President, Rock Properties
- Seth Cohen, Executive Vice President – Head of Operations, BNE Real Estate Group
- Ravi Dave, Principal, Skyview Capital
- Ronald Diskin, President & CEO, Ronald Diskin Associates
- James Driscoll, Senior Vice President, LCOR
- Harry Ekstrand, SVP – New Jersey Commercial Lending Team, Northfield Bank
- Adam Fruitbine, Managing Director, Alliance Residential
- Nat Gambuzza, Vice President Investments, Marcus & Millichap
- Alan Hammer, Partner, Brach Eichler
- Brian Hosey, Sales Manager, Marcus & Millichap
- Joshua Kahr, Principal, KEC Properties
- Larry Kaufman, Principal, Park40 Group
- Nicholas Kikis, Director – Regulatory Affairs & Research, New Jersey Apartment Association
- Ronald Ladell, Senior Vice President – Development, AvalonBay
- Christopher Leonard, Regional Director, Marcus & Millichap
- Jack Linefsky, Vice President – Property Management, Value Companies
- Azi Mandel, Managing Member, Treetop Development
- Thomas McConnell, Director – NMHG, Marcus & Millichap
- David Minno, Principal, Minno & Wasko
- William O’Dea, Deputy Executive Director, Elizabeth Development Company
- Kenneth Pasternack, Chairman, KABR Real Estate Investment Partners
- Arthur Rosenberg, CEO & Co-Founder, Azure Partners
- Charles Schoenau, Managing Director, Insurent
- John Sebree, Vice President/National Director – NMHG, Marcus & Millichap
- Ron Shapiro, Director, Center for Real Estate Studies – Rutgers
- Ron Simoncini, President, Axiom Communications
- Zach Solomon, Managing Director, The Solomon Organization
- Tal Steinberg, Managing Partner, SELA Properties
- Emanuel Stern, President & COO, Hartz Mountain Industries
- Brian Stolar, President & CEO, The Pinnacle Companies
- Debra Tantleff, Founding Principal, TANTUM Realty
- James von Albade, Vice President Investments, Equity Residential
- Jennifer Webb-Hayward, Regional Vice President, Pennrose Management Company
- Eric Witmondt, Chief Executive Officer, Woodmont Properties
- Ralph Zucker, President, Somerset Development
- Morning Keynote Presentation: A New Urbanist Approach to Redevelopment
Presented by: Ralph Zucker, President, Somerset Development
- The Urban Core: Revitalization and the Transit Incentive
- The Big Question: Buy, Sell or Hold?
- Tighten Your Belt: Smart Tips for Expense Reduction
- Playing the Field: Anatomy of a Deal
- Special Presentation: Legislative Update from Trenton
- Afternoon Keynote Presentation
- What’s Next: The Value-Add Proposition
- Betting Big: Why Investors Come to New Jersey